China bans "BBC NEWS" by calling it "fake news source"
Chinese state media have reported China's broadcasting control has taken BBC World News off the air in the country for "serious content violation."
2024-07-07 15:28:54

The BBC has said it is "frustrated" that its news channel has been banned, AFP reports.
UK foreign secretary Dominic Raab said: "China's determination to ban BBC World News in region China is an unacceptable curtailing of media freedom."
"China has some of the most stringent restrictions on media & internet freedoms across the globe, & this latest step will only damage China's standing in the eyes of the world," he added.
Last week China's state broadcaster was told to be stripped of its license to operate in the UK, broadcast as China Global Television Network.
The UK media regulator said that judged that it was controlled editorially by the Chinese Communist Party and not the licensing company.
This month, the BBC reported in detailed accounts are claiming that lady held in "re-education" camps for the Uighur population also suffered systematic rape, sexual abuse, and torture.
It was also reported a formal UK legal opinion declaring a "very credible case" that China had also perpetrated genocide against the Uighur Muslims by forcefully sending them to detention centers.
In January, the outgoing US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo presented critical accusations of genocide toward China over their treatment to Uighurs muslims.
Monika Walker is a senior journalist specializing in regional and international politics, offering in-depth analysis on governance, diplomacy, and key global developments. With a degree in International Journalism, she is dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices through factual reporting. She also covers world news across every genre, providing readers with balanced and timely insights that connect the Caribbean to global conversations.
Latest
- Porter Airlines expands Bahamas service with nonstop flights...
-
Antigua: Teen killed in police shooting on his 18th birthday... -
Tragedy in New Orleans: Missing 12-year-old Bryan Vasquez fo... -
St Kitts and Nevis’ Janelle Williams makes history as 1st CA... -
Shocking Exit: Jamaica First Movement withdraws from Sept 3...