Two of 17 members from US missionary group kidnapped in Haiti now released
On Sunday, the Ohio-based church organization said that two of the 17 members of a missionary group abducted a month ago have been released and are safe in Haiti.
Monday, 22nd November 2021

The leader of the 400 Mawzo gangs has threatened to kill the hostages if their demands are not met. Officials said the gang was demanding $1 million per person, though it was not immediately clear whether it also demanded a ransom for the child.
Haiti's National Police spokesman Gary Desrosiers confirmed that two hostages had been released on Sunday. The FBI, helping Haitian authorities free the hostages, declined to comment.
Additionally, if we talk about the nation then, Haiti has been elected to the Executive Council of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization – UNESCO for 2021-2025, summoned the Permanent Delegate of the island to the international organization – Dominique Dupuy.
The elections were organized during the – 41st assembly of the General Conference of UNESCO, where Haiti appeared as the winner. A total of 119 votes were held in favour of the CARICOM member nation out of 178 voting nations. This is the 5th time Haiti has been elected to-UNESCO’s Executive Council.Latest
- St Kitts and Nevis prepares for 23 final cruises as successf...
-
‘Worst Food Ever’: Digital Nomad Cara Celeste West ranks Bel... -
Shocking: Needles found in St Vincent watermelons bought fro... -
‘We didn’t vote for him’: Archbishop Barbara Gray-Burke slam... -
Dominica’s Jazz n’ Creole returns May 4: Colton T, Swingin’...
Related Articles

Monday, 22nd November 2021

Monday, 22nd November 2021

Monday, 22nd November 2021

Monday, 22nd November 2021