Trinidad and Tobago crosses 1,000 COVID-19 cases

2024-07-07 15:15:38

Seventy-seven new cases of COVID-19 and one additional death was reported on Sunday in Trinidad and Tobago and has raised the total number of deaths in the country to 14, the number of active cases has now become 828 and the total number of COVID-19 cases to 1007.

The Ministry of Health said in an update that 33 additional persons had tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The 6 pm update of the ministry said that 44 other people had tested positive for the coronavirus 36 were in Trinidad and eight persons in Tobago.

The latest death was that of an adult male who had pre-existing health conditions.

The ministry reported that 166 patients were being treated at the Caura and Couva hospitals for COVID-19, with 275 who have been admitted to the hospital.

In comparison, there are 279 patients at step-down facilities in Sangre Grande, Balandra, Debe, Tacarigua, St Augustine and NAPA.

In the Couva hospital, there are 6 patients in the intensive care unit and three in the high dependency unit.

So far, 165 recovered patients have been discharged from the State’s care.

Monika Walker is a senior journalist specializing in regional and international politics, offering in-depth analysis on governance, diplomacy, and key global developments. With a degree in International Journalism, she is dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices through factual reporting. She also covers world news across every genre, providing readers with balanced and timely insights that connect the Caribbean to global conversations.