War monitor says Syrian government forces shelling killed 17
2024-07-07 15:07:50

Shelling by Syrian government forces of rebel-held areas in the northwest of the country has killed 17 civilians over the past 24 hours, a war monitoring group said on Thursday.
The government forces' artillery fire targeted several locations and about half of those killed were under 18 years old, the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
The area is home to millions of refugees who fled the rebel-held city of Aleppo, which was last year reduced to rubble by warplanes from Russia, which is backing the dictator's regime.
The eight-year civil war has killed nearly 400,000 people, according to estimates, in scenes reminiscent of the urban devastation of World War 2.
Monika Walker is a senior journalist specializing in regional and international politics, offering in-depth analysis on governance, diplomacy, and key global developments. With a degree in International Journalism, she is dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices through factual reporting. She also covers world news across every genre, providing readers with balanced and timely insights that connect the Caribbean to global conversations.
Latest
- Porter Airlines expands Bahamas service with nonstop flights...
-
Antigua: Teen killed in police shooting on his 18th birthday... -
Tragedy in New Orleans: Missing 12-year-old Bryan Vasquez fo... -
St Kitts and Nevis’ Janelle Williams makes history as 1st CA... -
Shocking Exit: Jamaica First Movement withdraws from Sept 3...