SKN Labour Party challenges 2020 Election result in High Court
St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party, has filed legal documents in the High Court which support the petitions challenging the results of the 2020 General Elections of the several Constituencies which include Constituency number 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.
2024-07-07 15:10:36

St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party, has filed legal documents in the High Court which support the petitions challenging the results of the 2020 General Elections of the several Constituencies which include Constituency number 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8.
Over the past few weeks, since the results of the elections were declared on June 5, the St Kitts and Nevis Labour party has put in tremendous effort in the compilation of these legal documents which highlight the illegalities and irregularities, allegedly, which took place amid the chaos which characterised the voting process in various constituencies.
The Labour party expressed suspicion that something was wrong with the election results has now been supported by the evidence which has come to light after the analysis of data, taking eye witness accounts and also the observation of both inside and outside polling agents.
The evidence uncovers the land for vote scheme which was conducted through the Ministry of Sustainable Development to retain a second term in office by the Timothy Harris Government.
The Political leader of the St Kitts and Nevis Labour Party, Dr Denzil Douglas said in a statement that he was really upset because the victory in the elections was hijacked from his party by the irregularities and illegalities in the electoral process.
Dr Douglas added that he could not take these elections as just, free and fair.
Dr Douglas addressed the crowd which had gathered at the stairs of Sir Lee L. Moore legal and judicial complex while seven other Labour Party candidates accompanied him.
He thanked the crowd for coming there and witnessing the petition which six candidates from the Labour party have filed who believe the electoral evidence.
He said that the candidates had been cheated out of their place in the Parliament.
Dr Douglas said that evidence had been discovered which shows that there were inducement and bribery in the elections and corruption on a massive scale.
Douglas added that these are serious matters which he thinks would have affected the election results and the court should take a look at it.
He concluded by saying that the Labour Party is asking for re-elections, which would be conducted in a free, just and fair manner.
Monika Walker is a senior journalist specializing in regional and international politics, offering in-depth analysis on governance, diplomacy, and key global developments. With a degree in International Journalism, she is dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices through factual reporting. She also covers world news across every genre, providing readers with balanced and timely insights that connect the Caribbean to global conversations.
Latest
- Jamaica: 45-year-old Mason shot dead in his home at Marlie M...
-
Trinidad: Massive fire destroys St Peter’s Primary School, a... -
Julien Alfred secures 100m victory at Zurich Diamond League... -
CPL 2025 Highlights: Saint Lucia Kings Win by 7 Wickets -
Jamaica: Two brothers brutally murdered by father in Moneagu...