Police confirm two men in hospital after New Year's Day shooting in Nevis
Two men who were shot and injured early New Year's are nursing their wounds at Nevis' Alexandra Hospital, police have confirmed.
Two men who were shot and injured early New Year's (Tuesday January 1, 2019) are nursing their wounds at Nevis' Alexandra Hospital, police have confirmed.
A police statement said preliminary investigations so far have revealed that 22-year-old Keon Moore of Bath Plain and 28-year-old Jelani Liburd of Craddock Road were attacked by unknown assailants while in a motor car on Stoney Grove.
"They both sustained gunshot injuries about their bodies and were transported to the Alexandra Hospital," said the police.
Police said the Crime Scene Unit visited and processed the scene, taking a number of items of evidential value into custody.
"Investigations into the matter are ongoing. Anyone with information about this incident are asked to contact the Violent Crime Unit by dialling 662-1023 or their nearest Police Station," said the police statement.
Author Profile
Monika Walker is a senior journalist specializing in regional and international politics, offering in-depth analysis on governance, diplomacy, and key global developments. With a degree in International Journalism, she is dedicated to amplifying underrepresented voices through factual reporting. She also covers world news across every genre, providing readers with balanced and timely insights that connect the Caribbean to global conversations.
Latest
- Trinidad: Third suspect arrested in disappearance of missing...
-
Dominica’s Fort Young ranked among Caribbean’s top all-inclu... -
Jamaica: Woman fatally shot by police amid protest over teen... -
Over 90 exhibitors showcase Belizean entrepreneurship at Mad... -
St. Kitts and Nevis IGS 2026 is much larger this year: Repor...