2 Belizeans shot dead in Mexico, Ambassador Oscar Arnold confirms
A recent shootout in Mexico left two youngsters from Belize dead. Belizean Ambassador to Mexico Oscar Arnold confirmed their death on Friday.
2025-08-01 17:35:59

Arnold said the shootout on Tuesday was a second such occurrence that happened between armed forces. He said several high-powered firearms and high calibre rifle shells were recovered from the scene.
He said a shooting incident was also reported on Monday; however, there is very little information regarding that. The Belizean Ambassador stated that several news outlets published photos of the incident that later surfaced in Belize.

He confirmed that two Belizean men were killed in the heinous attack. The deceased has been identified as 21-year-old Osmond Joshua Melendez, a Corozal resident and twenty-year-old Norman Haulze of Ladyville Village.
Both were killed in two different shooting incidents. While Melendez was killed on Monday, Haulze was shot dead on Tuesday. Belize's ambassador to Mexico, Oscar Arnold, stated the men's families had been informed.
The incident is not the first when some Belizeans were killed in Mexico, there had been several such occurrences in recent days.
Latest
- Trinidad: Police probe possible link between Santa Cruz murd...
-
Venezuela-US Tensions: Military deployment raises concerns i... -
Dominica: PM Skerrit defends Bouyon artists, calls for uplif... -
Dominica appoints Loreen Bannis-Roberts as new High Commissi... -
Porter Airlines expands Bahamas service with nonstop flights...